Challenging times and life changes can create such a sense of loss and
feelings of hopelessness. Please don’t suffer alone.
We are here to pray with you and support you in many ways.
Call 937-642-1616 to speak with Pastor Barry or Pastor Beth
when you need some direction.
Grief Share is a friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences. You don’t have to go through the grieving process alone. This is a 13 week video and small group series designed to support those grieving the loss of a loved one. The course is offered 2 times a year. Please call the church office at 937-642-1616 for information.
Christ Caring for People through People
What is Stephen’s Ministry?
Life sometimes challenges us in very deep and personal ways. When dealing with life’s personal issues, it is important to know that we are not alone. Stephen Ministry equips lay persons to provide distinctively Christian, one-on-one spiritual care to anyone in the congregation or community who is going through a difficult time and in need of support from a Christian friend.
Stephen Ministers provide Christian care to people who are experiencing one or more of these life events:
- Coping with terminal illness or caring for a family member with a terminal illness
- Hospitalized or recovering from hospitalization
- Lonely or discouraged
- Grieving the death of a loved one
- Unemployed or in a job crisis
- Disabled or caring for an ill or disabled family member
- Moving or relocating
- New to the congregation or the community
- Anticipating the birth or adoption of a child
- Home-bound or institutionalized
- Transitioning into retirement
- Dealing with the crisis of aging
- Facing a life transition
- Experiencing a spiritual crisis
- Victim of a disaster or accident
Could you benefit from a confidential, one-on-one support from a Stephen Minister? If you or someone you care for is interested, please contact Pastor Barry by email bscott@TrinityMarysville.org or phone (937)642-1616
Who is a Stephen Minister?
Someone who is a…
- Caring, Christian friend who listens, cares, makes no judgments, prays, supports and encourages
- Congregation member with a heart for care-giving and listening
- Carefully selected lay person who has received 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care
- Dedicated support person ready to meet faithfully with you for about an hour each week for as long as there is need
- Trustworthy person who adheres to very clear guidelines of confidentiality and observes the boundaries of the ministry
For additional information about becoming a Stephen Minister, please call Pastor Barry Scott at 937-642-1616.